At Fitbase, our members and staff are a happy, healthy bunch of people who respect each other and our club. Our Club Rules exist to protect you, the gym equipment, other members and staff.
- To enter the club you need your access card (reception or 24/7) and you can’t lend it to anyone else as it belongs to you (you’ll need to swipe in on every visit);
- To ensure your club’s fit for use, we might need to close it – or certain areas – from time to time. Thanks for your patience;
- If we need to change the club’s opening hours for any reason, we’ll aim to give you as much notice as possible;
- Keep your valuables with you or tucked away in a locker at all times. If we find anything, we’ll look after it;
- Please wear appropriate gym attire at all times i.e. no bare chests, no denim;
- Please wear appropriate footwear to protect your feet, i.e. thongs are not appropriate footwear;
- You’re welcome to join a class once it’s started but the instructor might ask you to warm up first;
- You may not stay in the club after reception closing times if you do not have a 24/7 access card;
- We’re not able to look after anything for you in the club and can’t offer you a tab;
- Please wipe off the equipment when finished – remember to bring a towel when working out;
- Please replace weights and don’t drop them as it i) is a safety hazard ii) damages the kit iii) disturbs other members;
- If your club has a car park please treat it as part of the club, park considerately (esp. disabled spaces) and leave it as you’d expect to find it;
- In the interest of everyone’s cleanliness and hygiene, please wipe down equipment after use;
- Please consider others when using your mobile phone and keep calls to a minimum;
- If you’re using a smartphone , tablet or other device in the club or as part of your workout it’s your responsibility to keep it safe and secure, we encourage you to keep it on you rather than the equipment;
- Please be considerate of members and staff and remember your personal hygiene – put on deodorant / antiperspirant before arriving at the gym;
- We’re all her for results, respect others and share the equipment during peak times;
- Members are not to give out technical advice for safety reasons as they may not hold a qualification to allow them to give this advice. If any member has any questions about training techniques or exercise technique they should see one of the qualified staff members for assistance;
- No explicit language is to be used in the gym or anywhere else in the centre;
- Children are not permitted in the gym area under any circumstances.
All Members and Guests must comply by these Club Rules at all times. Refusal or continual non-compliance with these Rules may result in the Club user being ejected from the premises and termination of Membership if applicable.